What Will I Learn?
- OSHA operator requirements.
- How to conduct a forklift inspection.
- Dynamics of tip-over.
- Electric and engine-powered counterbalanced (standard warehouse style) vertical mast forklifts.
- How to evaluate operators' performance.
- How to educate non-operators about working safely around powered industrial trucks.
- Safe procedures and maintenance.
- Steering and maneuvering.
Be prepared to perform satisfactorily on equipment as a forklift operator during training.
OSHA requires all forklift operators to be trained and certified. Similarly, they also require trainers to be trained by someone who is certified to teach them, conduct their training and evaluate their competence. Let us help you comply with OSHA regulations. This 1-day certification course is designed to provide candidate instructors with the skills and knowledge to teach an effective forklift operator course and evaluate competence. Participants will learn the instructional techniques involved to best deliver concepts in a classroom and/or field environment.
Walk Away With:
- Authorized Trainer status that will legally allow you to train and operate forklifts on the job.
- Training workbook, with extensive notes, to use during the course and on the job site.
- A hard copy of the full training curriculum partnered with a flash drive containing full curriculum content for site customization.
- Wallet card template for site operator certification.
- Certification of Completion provided by CSI Workforce Development and Training.
- Forklift Trainer Certification. (valid for 5 years anywhere in the United States)
Students must be 18 years of age or older due to Federal Law.
Who Should Attend?
This course is recommended for anyone that wants to train their employees to safely operate a forklift and certify at their own facility.