**This course is approved for Idaho LAUNCH funding**
What Will I learn?
- Weld pipe in the 5G position on carbon steel
- Weld fillet and lap welds in the 2F and 3F positions on various thicknesses of carbon steel, stainless steel, and aluminum.
- Welding theory for a deeper understanding of the welding process, electrical characteristics, and troubleshooting of the GTAW process.
Welding plays a crucial role in many different industries in the Magic Valley. It is clear that the welding industry is currently undergoing difficult times with an extremely large shortage of skilled welders. Grow your current skillset through this 30-hour training that focuses on GTAW welding. This course serves as an intermediate course to the GTAW process. Students will expand their knowledge of the theory and techniques previously learned in GTAW level 1. Students will weld the complex joints found in the welding industry in various positions on carbon steel, stainless steel, and aluminum on pipe and plate.
Walk Away With:
- Training that will include 20+ hours of a hands-on demonstration of proper welding processes
- Training that will prepare you for your welding qualification exam through the American Welding Society (optional)
- Certification of completion provided by CSI Workforce Development & Training
Who Should Attend?
This course is recommended for any individuals who have always wanted to learn to weld, are looking to learn a different type of weld or are looking to increase their skills and abilities for workforce purposes.